Advanced Placement Courses & Exams
Advanced Placement (AP) is a program of university-level courses for high school students. BC students who are looking for an additional challenge to help them prepare for university-level learning, often choose to pursue AP courses, and challenge exams. The standards, curricula and exams are set by the American College Board, but these courses and exams are recognized by top Canadian and worldwide universities. These courses also provide an opportunity for students to distinguish themselves for their academic excellence and enhance their opportunities for entrance scholarships to universities.
The dates are set by the College Board. Details can be found on the College Board Website. Below we will also list the schedule according to the exams Columbia Academy plans to offer.
AP Program at Columbia Academy
Columbia Academy offers the AP program in the following subjects. If demand for other courses arise, we may consider offering them either this year, or in future years.
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Calculus BC
- AP Chemistry
- AP Chinese Language and Culture
- AP Macroeconomics
- AP Microeconomics
- AP Psychology
- AP Statistics
- AP United States History
Columbia Academy ensures our AP teachers bring a wealth of experience delivering AP curricula, and who have a proven track record of high success on AP Exams. AP courses are offered conveniently after school hours to suit students’ busy schedules. The feedback we’ve gotten from past students who have taken AP courses at Columbia Academy has been very positive. AP courses have allowed our students the opportunity to enrich their learning while opening up opportunities to the worlds’ top universities.If you are interested in studying AP programs with Columbia Academy, please contact us for detailed information. We look forward to hearing from you! info@ColumbiaAcademy.ca.
Official AP Testing Center:
As one of only a handful of Vancouver schools recognized by the AP College Board, Columbia Academy is authorized officially by the College Board to conduct AP exams in our facilities. We are offering some exams for students at Columbia Academy and external students. If you wish to write the exam with us, please send an email to info@ColumbiaAcademy.ca for detailed information and procedures.
2022 – 2023 Advanced Placement Exams
2023 AP Exam Calendar:
The AP exams in Columbia Academy will take place from May 2nd – May 4th of 2023. Only the exams listed below will be offered. Please only register for these exams if you are committed. We will not provide any late exams.
|Week 1||8 a.m. Local Time||12 p.m. Local Time|
|Monday, May 1, 2023||N/A||N/A|
|Tuesday, May 2, 2023||Chinese Language and Culture (No seats available)||Psychology (No seats available)|
|Wednesday, May 3, 2023||N/A||N/A|
|Thursday, May 4, 2023||Macroeconomics (No seats available)||N/A|
|Friday, May 5, 2023||N/A||Microeconomics (No seats available)|
The Registration Process
- Fill out the application form. Link here
- Make a payment (We only accept e-transfer payments. See the payment information below).
- Send the application form to email@example.com with the following attachments included:
- The proof of payment AND
- A scan of a government issued ID
- You will receive a confirmation email back if your payment has been processed and a JOIN CODE will be provided for each exam the student is taking.
- All registration must be completed by February 28, 2023.
- Students must create their own AP College Board Account. (Must use legal first and last name as it appears on your Government ID) https://myap.collegeboard.org/login
- Students must enter their JOIN CODE into their AP account as soon as possible to secure an exam seat.
- Exams will take place at Columbia Academy. The address is 400- 570 Dunsmuir street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 1Y1.
- Students should arrive 15 minutes prior to the exam. Once you get to the main door, call the school at 778 379 6811 to let you inside the building.
- Students must bring a copy of confirmation email with the JOIN CODE and government issued ID.
- Students are not allowed to use phones or smart watches during exams. Click here
- Latecomers are not permitted to enter.
- Exam fee is $350 which is non-refundable under any circumstances unless a seat is no longer available (see the refund policy below)
- Both step 1 and 2 must completed a.s.a.p. to secure an exam seat
- We only accept e-transfer payments
- Please send your e-transfer payment to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please provide a screenshot of the payment confirmation and email it to email@example.com (together with application form and government issued ID)
For any receipt related questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The confirmation email from Columbia Academy does not guarantee exam enrollment. You must use a JOIN CODE to register for an exam on your AP College Board account.
- You will only be eligible to receive a refund if you have paid and the seats are full. (You will not receive a refund for any circumstances such as being late to an exam, missing an exam, not signing up with the JOIN CODE on your AP College Board account, etc.)
- Send a refund request with the payment confirmation to email@example.com (please also include your email address that you wish to receive the refund)
- We will process your refund request within 2 weeks.