- Graduation requirements are determined by the BC Ministry of Education. For more information, please visit BC Education.
- Students are required to complete 20 courses (80 credits) to graduate and receive the BC Dogwood Diploma.
- Out of 20 courses (80 credits), there should be at least 4 courses (16 credits) at Grade 12 level, including a Grade 12 Language Art course.
- The list below shows some of the courses offered by Columbia Academy during a school semester. Students need 13 required courses and 7 elective courses in order to graduate. Students aiming for top universities might require additional courses.
- Career Life Education
- Language Arts 10
- Math 10
- Social Studies 10
- Science 10
- Physical and Health Education 10
- English studies 12 or English First People 12
- Arts and Applied Skill 10,11, or 12
- Career Life Connections
- Pre-Calculus 12
- Calculus 12
- Second Language 11/12
- Happiness 12
- Economics 12
- Geography 12
- Chemistry 11/12
- Biology 12
- Marketing 11
- History 12
- Ap Statistics, History, Economics, Psychology, Calculus
- Physics 11/12
Students must also take two provincial examinations before graduation. The two exams are the Grade 10 Numeracy Assessment and the Grade 10 Graduation Literacy Assessment. The ministry will also introduce a thired assessment, the Grade 12 Graduation Literacy Assessment, in 2020/2021.
Columbia Academy is fully certified and fully bonded with the BC Ministry of Education, students will receive the BC Dogwood Diploma upon graduation from our high school program.